This black and white Glen Check or Prince of Wales check bow tie is a classic, elegant yet interesting choice for neckwear owing to a mix of a understated pattern with a classic, lively bow tie shape with pointed ends. We also offer the same pattern as a neck tie here.
1. Fort Belvedere sources the fine jacquard woven silk from a family owned mill that has been producing the finest silks for over 100 years.
2. This bow tie is entirely made by hand with a specially selected cotton interlining, resulting in a debonair look and feel.
3. The ends are pointed and the shape is classic, providing you with a unique combination that is perfect for social gatherings or business.
4. It's easily adjusted to any size and if preferred, the knot can be left tied and the back hook can be opened instead. However, untying the bow tie is recommended to avoid wrinkles and premature aging.
5. All Fort Belvedere bow ties with pointed ends feature the middle center hook allowing you to mix and match different bow ties halves to create unique looks.
6. The tied bow tie will have dimensions of approx. 4" by 2" or 10 cm by 5 cm.
Ideally, a bow tie should never be tied to look perfectly symmetrical. because it would look too much like a pre-tied cheap version, and who wants to look cheap? Instead, you should tie your bow tie with a bit of nonchalance or sprezzatura, meaning intentionally off kilter with one end a little longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a tight or a loose knot to achieve bow tie perfection. One of the great bow tie wearers was Winston Churchill and he always wore a very debonair, slightly askew bow tie. Most modern bow ties suffer from poor interlining and boring shapes - not so with this Fort Belvedere bow tie. Inspired by the 1930's, this bow tie shape is much smaller than the versions from the 1970s or even the 1990s, resulting in a more subtle, sophisticated appearance. If you combine this bow tie with any other pointed Fort belvedere bow tie, you can mix patterns and textures: for example with a black grenadine bow tie.
This bow tie works well with all kinds of business suits, not matter if they are grey, charcoal or even blue. The fine black & white pattern leaves the impression of a subtle grey pattern and is hence very versatile. In fact, it is so classic that every man should have a piece of neckwear in this pattern and color combination. You can find the 3 fold tie in the same pattern here.
Simply untie your bow just like you would untie your shoes. Store it hanging or laying flat, it is up to you. But untying helps to get rid of wrinkles, so don't forget it
This black and white bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions, or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.