This red, white and blue shepherd's check bow tie is a modern interpretation of a classic, elegant yet interesting choice for a bow tie shape with pointed ends. We also offer the same pattern as a necktie here.
Slightly different from a classic gingham pattern, Shepherd's check bow ties and neck ties are staples that should be part of every man's wardrobe. When worn with blue or white shirts and business suits as well as with oxford shirts and tweed sport coats this bow looks fantastic.
1. Fort Belvedere sources the fine jacquard woven silk from a family-owned mill that has been producing the finest silks for over 100 years.
2. This bow tie is entirely made by hand with a specially selected cotton interlining, resulting in a debonair look and feel.
3. The ends are pointed and the shape is classic, providing you with a unique combination that is perfect for social gatherings or business.
4. It's easily adjusted to any size and if preferred, the knot can be left tied and the back hook can be opened instead. However, untying the bow tie is recommended to avoid wrinkles and premature aging.
5. All Fort Belvedere bow ties with pointed ends feature the middle center hook allowing you to mix and match different bow ties halves to create unique looks.
6. The tied bow tie will have dimensions of approx. 4" by 2" or 10 cm by 5 cm.
Ideally, a bow tie should never be tied to look perfectly symmetrical. because it would look too much like a pre-tied cheap version, and who wants to look cheap? Instead, you should tie your bow tie with a bit of nonchalance or sprezzatura, meaning intentionally off-kilter with one end a little longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a tight or a loose knot to achieve bow tie perfection.
One of the great bow tie wearers was Winston Churchill and he always wore a very debonair, slightly askew bow tie. You can learn how to tie a bow tie here.
Most modern bow ties suffer from poor interlining and boring shapes - not so with this Fort Belvedere bow tie. Inspired by the 1930's, this bow tie shape is much smaller than the versions from the 1970s or even the 1990s, resulting in a more subtle, sophisticated appearance. If you combine this bow tie with any other pointed Fort belvedere bow tie, you can mix patterns and textures: for example with a black grenadine bow tie.
This bow tie works well with all kinds of casual outfits, or semi formal business outfits. Burgundy Red is one of the most popular colors for neckwear and this pattern is subtle but noticeable. As such it is ideal if you want to accentuate your outfit without being overly loud and aggressive. .
Simply untie your bow just like you would untie your shoes. Store it hanging or laying flat, it is up to you. But untying helps to get rid of wrinkles, so don't forget it
This burgundy red and white bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions, or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.