This navy blue jacquard bow tie with large polka dots has a lot of texture and different colors and kinds of threads have been used to achieve an stunning depth of color and texture. The classic Batswing shape allows for a bigger knot, and the modified butterfly shape of the beige bow tie is better for smaller knots, so you can choose the one that suits you best.
1. Fort Belvedere sources the stunning navy blue polka dot jacquard silk from a small Italian mill.
2. This bow tie is entirely made by hand with a special cotton interlining, resulting in a crisp look and soft feel.
3. The ends are straight and the shape is a classic batswing for navy and blue and a modified butterfly for beige.
4. It's easily adjusted to any size, with a simple yet secure mechanism.
5. The tied batswing bow ties in navy and blue will have dimensions of approx. 5" by 1.75" or 12.5 cm by 4.75 cm, and the beige one of approx. 3.75" by 1.75" or 9.5 cm by 4.5 cm.
Ideally, a bow tie should never be tied to look perfectly symmetrical. because it would look too much like a pre-tied cheap version, and who wants to look cheap? Instead, you should tie your bow tie with a bit of nonchalance or sprezzatura, meaning intentionally off kilter with one end a little longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a tight or a loose knot to achieve bow tie perfection. One of the great bow tie wearers was Winston Churchill and he always wore a very debonair, slightly askew bow tie and often a navy version with large white polka dots.. Most modern bow ties suffer from poor interlining and boring shapes - not so with this Fort Belvedere bow tie. Inspired by the 1930's, this batswing bow tie shape is a little bigger than our butterfly version but still proportional in size, so you can wear this bow tie with confidence for years to come. Polka Dot bow ties go with almost anything ranging from the classic business suit over a casual sportcoat ensemble to a stroller suit or a wedding.
Simply untie your bow tie just like you would untie your shoes. Store it hanging or laying flat, it is up to you.
This bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions, or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.