The white bow tie is not just the namesake of the White Tie Dress Code but also one of the most defining element of a formal tailcoat evening full fig outfit.
This Fort Belvedere White Marcella Pique Bow Tie is the number one choice for elegant men no matter if it is an Opera premiere, a wedding or a noble prize dinner.
Here you can find the classic double end self-tie white tie in fixed neck sizes, so you don't have to deal with any adjusters on your detachable collars. The proper choice for a true gentleman.
You will not find sized white Marcella bow ties in this stunning shape and quality anywhere else. If you prefer a single end bow tie in the same shape, click here. If you prefer a smaller bow, this is the right thing for you.
1. Quality Cotton Marcella Pique from Italy- Fort Belvedere sources this luxurious and three-dimensional cotton pique from a very small family owned Italian mill. It will work with your white tie vest and bib front shirt.
2. Handmade - This bow tie is entirely made by hand, so it is as delicate as possible.
3. Self Tie Bow Tie - Self-tie bow ties separate the gentlemen from the boys. It is essential that you know how to tie your own bow tie. We provide video instructions on how to tie them for beginners and advanced connoisseurs.
4. Fixed Size - It is very rare to find fixed sized bow ties today especially the ones that are made from a solid piece of fabric in the back, which is essential for (detachable) wing collars because you never want any clasps showing in public. Unlike black tie, the only correct collar for white tie is a wing collar, and so you need a sized bow tie. In short, this fixed size white bow tie is the way to go for gentlemen.
5. Sophisticated Shape - This Butterfly Bow Tie will have dimensions of approx. 4.75" by 2.5" or 12 cm by 6.5 cm.
6. Cut diagonally On The Bias - This bow tie is cut 45º on the bias which requires more fabric but it also provides a debonair diagonal ribbed grosgrain structure, that makes you stand fro the crowd in a subtle, sophisticated way.
A bow tie should never be tied to look perfectly symmetrical because it would look too much like a pre-tied cheap version, and who wants to look cheap? Instead, you should tie your black bow tie with a bit of wit, nonchalance or sprezzatura, meaning intentionally off-kilter with one end a little longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a tight or a loose knot to achieve bow tie perfection.
Inspired by the glorious 1930's, this classic evening bow tie shape is one of those small details that sets the gentleman apart from the boys. It is large enough, yet not overly big, so it suits any face. This white Marcella cotton bow tie works well with all kinds of tailcoats, single or double breasted evening vests and detachable wing collars.
Make sure to wear the obligatory boutonniere with your white tie, and do not forget the white linen pocket square - anything else would be a faux pas. Traditionally men wear roses and carnations with evening ensembles.
Simply untie your bow tie just like you would untie your shoes. Store it hanging or laying flat, it is up to you. If you encounter wrinkles, gently steam it but avoid ironing.
This bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.
SKUs: 4054956010466 , 4054956010794 , 4054956007145 , 4054956010350 , 4054956010459 , 4054956010442 , 4054956010435 , 4054956010428 , 4054956010428 , 4054956010411 , 4054956011029 , 4054956011012 , 4054956011005 , 4054956010992 , 4054956010985