Even though button cuffs are popular today, cufflinks have been the gentleman's way to close his shirt cuffs for well over a century.
Back in the day, all cufflinks were double sided, For a brief moment, snap links came along before T-Bar cufflinks became the dominating style because they are inexpensive, not because they were elegant.
We believe cufflinks are an extension of your personality and as such, they should be classic, timeless and elegant just like the rest of your wardrobe.
Hence we created the Eagle Claw: finely carved around a ball of semi-precious stones such as Lapis, Onyx, Malachite, Carnelian and Tiger's Eye these cufflinks are true pieces of art that were made by Hand by a master jeweler in Germany!
1. Handmade by a Master Goldsmith in Germany. Just like with a garment, jewelry made by a craftsman is far superior to factory-made items. The inspiration for these cufflinks came from Jean Michel Schlumberger who is best know for his cufflink designs for Tiffany & Co. We wanted to create something that was handmade, inspired by an eagle, yet elegant, timeless and unique. The carving of the shape, the casting of the silver, and the setting of the malachite balls is all done by hand.
2. Intricate Detail. Just like with everything we do, we pay great attention to detail. The eagle claws in these cufflinks are proportional and intricate, and even the bar is shaped and carved in the spirit of a true masterpiece. Yet, we made these cufflinks so strong that you can wear them for decades to come and hand them down to your grandkids. We tested different ball sizes and these cufflinks will not come off your cuff and work with 99% of French cuff shirts.
3. Quality Malachite. We only use the highest quality deep green malachite balls with beautiful veins. As this is a natural semi-precious stone, every piece is unique and it will vary from the pictures.
4. Solid 925 Sterling Silver. While most cufflinks are hollow to save money on the metal price, we believe in quality, and therefore we cast our cufflink in solid 925 Sterling Silver. Once you hold them in your hand, you know immediately what we mean.
5. Platinum Plated To Prevent Tarnishing. Unfortunately, sterling silver tarnishes quickly, and cufflinks can easily stain the buttonholes and cuffs of your shirts. Therefore, we plated these cuff links heavily with platinum, so they do not tarnish.
6. Unusual & Classic. These are not just cufflinks but pieces of art that will earn you admiration wherever you go. It is the perfect for people who like the classic look of Onyx but want a more unusual shape, that matches the uniqueness of their personality and outfit.
You can find many onyx cufflinks, in all shapes or forms but most of them are quite plain and boring, whereas these cufflinks standout from the crowd.
Ideally, you should wear these cufflinks with silver trimmings. So if your belt buckle or collar pin or tie bar is silver or the metal parts on your briefcase are silver, stick with these.
Malachite has beautiful veins and rich green colors. As such it goes well with casual outfits but also with formal three piece business suits. It is very versatile, and perfect for travel. Especially in combination with the other 4 colors of these cufflinks you have the right pair for every occasion. You could even wear this pair with a tuxedo.
Take a look at the pictures on a shirt cuff to get a good understanding of what they will look like.
Length: 35mm - 1.38"
Large Ball Diameter: about 12mm - 0.48"
Small Ball Diameter: about 8mm - 0.32"
Weight: 16 grams
We tested these with cuff buttonholes measuring from 13 - 19mm / 0.5" - 0.75" and they worked perfectly with all of them. Even though the small ball is just 8mm, the claws around it make it a little bigger, and ensure that the cufflinks won't come undone during wear.
Everyone should have formal cufflinks such as these, some more informal ones and some in between. Simply add them to the cart.
If you choose any 2 sets of cufflinks, get $60 off.
Choose any 3 sets of cufflinks and get $160 off.
Choose any 5 sets of cufflinks and get $350 off.
Choose any 8 sets of cufflinks and get $700 off.
These are semi-precious stone cufflinks that are designed and made to be handed down to your children. However, due to the nature of stones, they can always crack if handled improperly or if they are exposed to chemicals. Therefore do not drop them, or expose them to chemicals. Just wear them and enjoy!
Fine men's accessories have been our passion 1999. If you have any questions about cufflinks or if you need assistance with other accessories, please contact us! We are always happy to help you build your wardrobe or choose a unique gift.