For sizing information, see the picture with the hand below below.
In the 1930s, no elegant, well dressed man would have ever worn black gloves voluntarily because black is simply uninspiring and it doesn't combine well with many other colors. Instead, beige, yellow and grey or light grey gloves with button closures were the number one choice. Today, it is almost impossible to find gloves in this quality anywhere and hence Fort Belvedere revived the tradition of making men's gloves in unusual colors with the same amount of craftsmanship and attention to detail as back in the day. The result is a stunning fit with a modern twist in the shape of Fort Belvedere green contrast piping and quirks.
1. Top Notch Leather - these gloves are made from the best Italian Lamb Nappa Glove Leather. Unlike other leathers, glove leather has to be flexible, and subtle. On top of that our leathers are beautifully soft.
2. Perfect Fit & Elegance These gloves are hand cut and the sewn together by expert glove artisans. Unlike our handsewn gloves, which are a little bit bulkier because of the nature of handstitching, these ones are sewn by an artisan using a machiner for the best fit and most clean and elegant look. As such these gloves are perfect for any business man or better yet any man who values elegance.
3. Traditionally, gloves were closed with a button at the wrist, whereas today this feature has all but disappeared. Fort Belvedere reintroduces this classic feature, as a leather covered button glove will hug the wrist and sit neatly under a coat sleeve. You can wear them in a classic manner or nonchalantly unbuttoned, with a touch of sprezzatura.
4. Quirks - To increase the range of finger movement, only the very best glovemakers add quirks to gloves, which are little triangles of leather between the fingers that allow free movement of fingers. To add a modern twist, Fort Belvedere had these quirks made in signature green leather. You will only ever glimpse it when you spread your fingers but it is a rare detail of superior craftsmanship and a perfect example for exceptional product design.
5. Cashmere is the softest of all glove linings and since we already offer Alpaca in our handsewn peccary gloves, we decided to use cashmere for these gloves
Light Grey gloves are probably the most versatile glove color! It pairs equally as well with formal morning dress outfits such as the morning coat or the stroller suit as well as with black, gray, blue or brown overcoats and business suits. Additionally, it can be worn with solids, patterns, sport coat combinations and even tweed. Another similarly versatile glove color is chamois yellow or regular grey, which we offer here.
While Peccary leather is the best glove leather available, this Italian lamb nappa is a close second. Once you wear the gloves make sure to strech out the fingers and store them flat. Once a year, you can even iron them on low heat with a piece of cloth and they will look like new again. Leather naturally develops water stains if you get certain parts very wet for extended periods of time, while other parts remain dry. If you encoutner water stains, make the entire glove wet and let it air dry and the stains will be gone. Always be gentle and don't use artificial cleansers. Just water and if at all, a mild baby shampoo although water should work just fine.
Should you have any questions about sizing, leather or styles, please contact us and we'll do our best to help.
SKUs: 4054956008180 , 4054956008197 , 4054956008203 , 4054956008210 , 4054956008227 , 4054956008234