For sizing information, see the picture with the hand below and watch the sizing video.
During the hey days of classic men's clothing in the 1920s and 1930s, no elegant, well dressed gentleman would have ever worn a white tie or black tie ensemble without proper gloves in white leather. At the time, it was difficult to obtain leather that was pure white gloves, and the best thing available was Glacé Leather, which was dyed using alum, salt, egg yolk, wheat flour, grease and water. voluntarily because black is simply uninspiring and it doesn't combine well with many other colors.
Today, it is seemingly impossible to find proper evening gloves anywhere and hence Fort Belvedere revived the tradition of making proper white men's gloves with the same amount of craftsmanship and attention to detail as back in the day. The result is a stunning fit with a modern twist in the shape of Fort Belvedere green contrast piping and quirks.
The result is a stunning fit and a modern twist that works well with your french cuffed shirt on a tuxedo or a starched cuff shirt for white tie
1. Top Notch Suede Leather - these gloves are made from exquisitely soft Italian Lamb Suede Glove Leather. Unlike other leathers, glove leather has to be flexible, and subtle. We use suede on the outside and inside in order to achieve the best comfort when wearing the gloves
2. Perfect Fit & Elegance These gloves are hand cut and the sewn together by expert glove artisans. Unlike our handsewn gloves, which are a little bit bulkier because of the nature of hand-stitching, these ones are sewn by an artisan using a machine for the closest fit and elegant look. We also cut them a little shorter than our lined gloves so they look perfect with your black tie or white tie ensemble.
3. Button Closure. Back in the day, gloves were closed with a button and this is particularly important for evening gloves because it results in a tight fit on your wrist which looks supremely elegant. We also cut the gloves a little bit shorter at the wrist, so it works well with your shirt cuff.
4. Quirks. To increase the range of finger movement, only the very best glove makers add quirks to gloves, which are little diamonds of leather at the base between the fingers that allow free movement of fingers. To add a modern twist, Fort Belvedere had these quirks made in signature green leather. You will only ever glimpse it when you spread your fingers but it is a rare detail of superior craftsmanship and a perfect example for exceptional product design.
5. Unlined. To achieve the closest glove fit and most elegant look these gloves are unlined. Even a silk lining adds thickness, which yields into a bulkier look. Therefore Fort Belvedere Evening Gloves are always unlined.
They are meant to be worn with a black tie tuxedo or a white tie tailcoat but they also look stunning with a stroller suit or morning coat ensemble. You can even pull them off with an elegant, formal three piece suit in charcoal or navy.
If you want to wear gloves with other outfits, we suggest to go with other lined or unlined options.
To find the perfect size for your hand, please watch the video about glove sizes on this page. After all, we want that it fits like a glove.
While Peccary leather is the best glove leather available, this Italian lamb suede is a close second. Once you wear the gloves make sure to stretch out the fingers and store them flat. Once a year, you can even iron them on low heat with a piece of cloth and they will look like new again. Leather naturally develops water stains if you get certain parts very wet for extended periods of time, while other parts remain dry.
If you encounter water stains, make the entire glove wet and let it air dry and the stains will be gone. White gloves get stained more easily than others, and we know that. You can clean your gloves, gently by hand and never in a machine. Always be gentle and don't use artificial cleansers. Just water and if at all, a mild baby shampoo or soap. Once washed, do not wring the gloves. Instead, pull them in shape and pad them try between a layer of white towels. Afterward, let them airdry and avoid any artificial hear from a radiator, hair dryer etc.
Once completely dried, the gloves will feel stiffer at first, but once you wear them they will get soft again.
Should you have any questions about sizing, leather or styles, please contact us and we'll do our best to help.
SKUs: 4054956016963 , 4054956008067 , 4054956008074 , 4054956008081 , 4054956008098 , 4054956008104 , 4054956016963