Grenadine ties are famous for their textured appearance, which makes them the ideal companion for almost every shirt, suit or jacket combination in your closet . A solid brown grenadine tie works great grey flannel, green tweed or with a navy blazer and brown shoes. So, if you wear a lot of brown shoes, a brown grenadine necktie is a must have.
1. Very few mills produce high quality grenadine today. The fabric requires special hard twisted yarns and machines that create an open gauze weave similar to a jacquard loom. As a result, Grenadine is a much more rare and valuable fabric than other printed or jacquard silk fabrics.
2. The most well known Grenadine patterns are garza fina and garza grossa. Garza fina has a fine, porous weave that looks similar to that of a knit ties, while garza grossa has a flexible, more open weave with increased texture and threads that pull easily. Fort Belvedere Grenadine ties are specially made in Italy to have great texture while reducing the potential for pulled threads.
3. The ties are entirely sewn by hand, which is important to lend tie the flexibility, and the untipped ends of the short and regular ties are meticulously handrolled, while the long version has a generous self tipping.
4. Grenadine ties are often constructed as an unlined 6-fold or 7-fold construction, which results into a soft, unappealing knot and a wrinkly tie. Fort Belvedere uses a 3-fold construction with a simple wool interlining, which makes for fantastic knots. At times, the lining is visible through the open pores, creating the impression of a solid tie with a sophisticated twist.
5. A signature green 3-ply silk yarn from Germany is used to hand sew the tie, adding extra durability.
6. Fort Belvedere offers 3 different sizes so that each man can attain the ideal proportions for their height.
SHORT - for men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter
REGULAR - for men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall
LONG for men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller
Self tipped ties have a lining in the same fabric as the tie. 99% of all tie companies use a less expensive fabric for the tip to save money, whereas Fort Belvedere uses an big piece of the same silk as used for the tie giving it a traditional, high-quality look and feel.
On the other hand, Fort Belvedere offer untipped ties that are meticulously hand-rolled and require more skill than a self tipped tie. At the same time, they use less fabric making it a bit lighter. The tip of the tie is finely hand rolled, just like a precious pocket square. Untipped ties were popular in the thirties, and as a tribute to the era, Fort Belvedere designed all untipped ties with a flared end.
Most modern ties have thick interlinings and only allow for thick, bulky tie knots. With Fort Belvedere ties, you need not be limited to only one shape. Elegant gentlemen such as Prince Charles, or John F. Kennedy preferred worn smaller, elegant four-in-hand tie knots. Fort Belvedere allows you to tie small, regular and big tie knots! Choose the correct size tie for your stature for small and normal size tie knots, or chose the next longer tie for Balthus or double Windsor knots.
This chocolate brown grenadine tie gives formal suits more personality than a navy suit with a navy tie, yet the solid, textured look is suitable for every office, meeting or business occasions. At the same time, the brown grenadine tie pairs well with navy blazers, especially when combined with a light blue shirt and brown shoes. Since tweed often makes use ot brown tones, it harmonizes with most tweed jackets as well.
Begin by untying the knot it in the opposite way you tied it; never store ties knotted! Roll it up for a day to allow the wrinkles to relax, and then hang on a tie rack in your closet.
This Grenadine silk tie comes in a heavy Fort Belvedere gift box.
If you have any questions, about tie sizes, or if you need help choosing a tie for yourself or if you want to buy it as a gift, please get in touch with us, we are more than happy to help you.