Grenadine ties are famous for their textured appearance, which makes them the ideal companion for almost every shirt , suit or jacket combination in your closet . A solid ivory grenadine tie adds a tactile feel to a blue, pastel or dark colored shirt while it likewise adds a quiet center piece to a more energetic, patterned ensemble. A solid grenadine tie is certainly one of the most versatile ties a man can buy, and so it doesn't surprise that the always stylish Connery Bond always wore grenadine ties in Dr. No and from Russia with love.
What makes this Grenadine tie so special?
1. Very few mills produce high quality grenadine today. The fabric requires special hard twisted yarns and machines that create an open gauze weave similar to a jacquard loom. As a result, Grenadine is a much more rare and valuable fabric than other printed or jacquard silk fabrics.
2. The most well known Grenadine patterns are garza fina and garza grossa. Garza fina has a fine, porous weave that looks similar to that of a knit ties, while garza grossa has a flexible, more open weave with increased texture and threads that pull easily. Fort Belvedere Grenadine ties are specially made in Italy to have great texture while reducing the potential for pulled threads.
3. The ties are entirely sewn by hand, which is important to lend tie the flexibility, and the untipped ends of the short and regular ties are meticulously handrolled, while the long version has a generous self tipping.
4. Grenadine ties are often constructed as an unlined 6-fold or 7-fold construction, which results into a soft knot. Fort Belvedere uses a 3-fold construction with a simple wool interlining, which makes for fantastic knots. At times, the lining is visible through the open pores, creating the impression of a solid tie with a sophisticated twist.
5. A signature green 3-ply silk yarn from Germany is used to hand sew the tie, adding extra durability.
6. Fort Belvedere offers 3 different sizes so that each man can attain the ideal proportions for their height.
SHORT - for men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter
REGULAR - for men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall
LONG for men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller
This tie REGULAR is 149cm long and 7cm wide.
Ivory Grenadine Tie Style Tips
Most modern ties have thick interlinings and only allow for thick, bulky tie knots. With Fort Belvedere ties, you need not be limited to only one shape. Elegant gentlemen such as Prince Charles, or John F. Kennedy preferred worn smaller, elegant four-in-hand tie knots. Fort Belvedere allows you to tie small, regular and big tie knots! Choose the correct size tie for your stature for small and normal size tie knots, or chose the next longer tie for Balthus or double Windsor knots.
Ivory works particularly well with brown and navy suits or jackets but may also work with greens and tweeds. It also goes well with darker shirts or grey flannel.
How to Store This Tie
Begin by untying the knot it in the opposite way you tied it; never store ties knotted! Roll it up for a day to allow the wrinkles to relax, and then hang on a tie rack in your closet.
Signature Green Gift Box
This Grenadine silk tie comes in a heavy Fort Belvedere gift box.
If you have any questions, about tie sizes, or if you need help choosing a tie for yourself or if you want to buy it as a gift, please get in touch with us, we are more than happy to help you.
SKUs: -4054956000511 -S , -4054956000528 -R , -4054956000542 -L