With a fine hand and muted colors, Wool Challis ties have been a wardrobe staple of elegant gentleman ever since their invention in the 19th century.The name Challis was derived from the Anglo-Indian word shalee, which means soft. It was first introduced at Norwich in 1932 as a soft worsted wool or silk cloth and quickly became a favorite fabric of the upper class.
Perfect as sophisticated additions to a fall or summer ensemble, Wool Challis ties rarely wrinkle and offer a good alternative to madder silk or jacquard ties for your casual outfits and in more conservative colors and patterns even for the business wardrobe.
1. Hand printed. Traditionally, wool challis ties were hand block printed, which was extremely labor intensive. Today, they are screen printed. To capture the best of the old and the new methods, Fort Belvedere ties are screen printed by hand, lending an old world charm.
2. Polka Dots. Polka dots are a very classic pattern and these Fort Belvedere ties feature a slightly larger dot on wool, which is classic combination only available by Fort Belvedere.
3. Workmanship. The ties are entirely sewn by hand, which is important to provide tie the flexibility. The untipped ends are meticulously hand rolled and much finer than what you usually see from high end brands.
4. The knot. The wool used for this tie has a certain thickness and hence it is best made up in a traditional 3-fold construction, which results into a elegant knot.
5. Details. To ensure that your tie withstands the test of time, Fort Belvedere uses a special signature green 3-ply silk yarn from Germany to sew your ties by hand.
6. Sizes. Fort Belvedere offers 3 different sizes so that each man can attain the ideal proportions for their height.
SHORT - for men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter
REGULAR - for men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall
LONG for men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller
This burgundy red and mustard yellow wool Challis tie looks stunning with flannel, navy, brown and pretty much any other suit color you can think of. Although not as shiny as printed silk ties, the wool print has a warmer, more subdued look. In general, you can never have enough blue and red ties, and this burgundy wool challispolka dot tie is soemthing you won't have in your closet yet, even though you could combine it with so many of your suits and jackets. So, if you are in the market for a red tie, this wool challis is a great option!
Begin by untying the knot it in the opposite way you tied it; never store ties knotted! Roll it up for a day to allow the wrinkles to relax, and then hang on a tie rack in your closet.
This wool challis tie comes in a heavy Fort Belvedere gift box.
If you have any questions, about the right size for you, the materials or if you need help choosing a tie for yourself / a friend, please contact us, and we are more than happy to assist you.
SKUs: -4054956001211 -S , -4054956001228 -R , -4054956001242 -L