Traditionally, the waistband of trousers always had to be covered. That was especially true for a tuxedo. Basically, you have two options: a vest or a cummerbund.
Note, it's not an option to go without either of them, it's one or the other unless you wear a double breasted tuxedo, then you can go without.
However, all single-breasted tuxedos and dinner jacket need a cummerbund or vest.
This Fort Belvedere Black Wide Rib Grosgrain Cummerbund was designed to match the silk of the bow tie we offer as well. It is a fantastic silk with a three-dimensional texture that will make you stand out from the crowd.
You will not find a better black bow tie in Silk Faille Grosgrain anywhere else!
1. Top Quality Silk - Fort Belvedere sources the luxurious silk wide rib grosgrain from a renowned Italian silk mill. You will not find this fabric anywhere else.
2. Handmade - This cummerbund is entirely made by hand with a special cotton interlining that enhances the look of the cummerbund. After many prototypes, Sven Raphael Schneider decided on this design because it is classic, with a comfortable closure, yet flexible. As such it is also perfectly suited for musicians, conductors or just stylish men who enjoy proper black tie accessories..
3. One Size fits it all - we use elastic inserts, so the cummerbund fits perfectly and comfortably at all times, no matter it you walk, sit or stand
4. Loop to keep it in place - To ensure your cummerbund remains where it should be we added a loop on the inside so you can button it into your trousers.
5. Unique Lustre - this Wide Ribbed Grosgrain has a watered silk surface with a special lustre and a dull background Repp surface.
A cummerbund should always be worn with pleats facing upwards, not downwards. Also, ensure to button the cummerbund loop the inside button or your pants, so it doesn't move when you do. Make sure to wear a matching bow tie and a unique boutonniere with your black bow tie and tuxedo. Traditionally men wear roses and carnations with evening ensembles.
Simply store it flat in a drawer where it is not exposed to sunlight because that would be bad for the material.
This bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.