Traditionally, the waistband of trousers was always covered, which is especially true for a tuxedo. Basically, you have two options: a vest or a cummerbund. Note, it's not an option to go without either of them, it's one or the other, unless you wear a double breasted tuxedo, then you can go without. However all single breasted tuxedos and dinner jacket need a cummerbund or vest.
This Fort Belvedere Black Satin Cummerbund was designed to match the silk of the bow tie.
You will not find a better black bow tie in silk satin anywhere else!
1. Fort Belvedere sources the luxurious silk warp satin from a renowned Italian silk mill. 99.99% of other satin used for cummerbund is inferior weft satin which is cheaper to produce and has an inferior lustre.
2. Handmade - This cummerbund is entirely made by hand with a special cotton interlining that enhances the look of the cummerbund. After many prototypes, Sven Raphael Schneider decided on this design because it is classic, with a comfortable closure, yet flexible. As such it is also perfectly suited for musicians, conductors or just stylish men who enjoy proper black tie accessories..
3. Small / Medium size for slim gentlemen, though adjustable in size.
4. Unique Lustre - this satin has glossy surface and a dull back surface, which is created by weaving with more warp threads which is a much more diffiicult, sophisticated and beautiful process than weft satin, which often looks cheap. Because of the particular way the silk threads are woven together, less light is reflected off of the surface of the fabric giving satin its characteristic even sheen and lustre.
5. For slim gentlemen - this cummerbund is ideal for gentlemen who have a waist size of 33 inches or less. It is adjustable. We have that same model in large as well, so if your waist is larger than 33 inches, get this one instead.
A cummerbund should always be worn with pleats facing upwards, not downwards. Also, ensure to button the cummerbund loop to the inside button or your pants so it doesn't move when you do. Make sure to wear amatching bow tie and a unique boutonniere with your lack bow tie and tuxedo. Traditionally men wear roses and carnations with evening ensembles.
Simply store it flat in a drawer where it is not exposed to sunlight, because that would be bad for the material.
This bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions, or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.