For sizing information, see the picture with the hand below.
In the 1930s, no elegant, well-dressed man would have ever worn black gloves voluntarily because black is simply uninspiring and it doesn't combine well with many other colors. Instead, beige, yellow, grey and burgundy gloves with button closures were the number one choice. Particulary elegant gents would wear green gloves as well.
Today, it is almost impossible to find gloves in this quality anywhere and hence Fort Belvedere revived the tradition of making men's gloves in unusual colors with the same amount of craftsmanship and attention to detail as back in the day. The result is a stunning fit with a modern twist in the shape of Fort Belvedere green contrast piping and quirks.
All of our gloves feature accents such as buttons and piping in Fort Belvedere Green. For these gloves, we decided to offer a Fort Belvedere signature green glove leather with sand contrast details that make the glove look very special.
1. Top Notch Leather - these gloves are made from the best Italian Lamb Nappa Glove Leather. Unlike other leathers, glove leather has to be flexible, and subtle. On top of that our leathers are unbelievably soft. Unfortunately, you can't see that in the pictures, but as soon as you hold them in your hand, you know what we mean
2. Perfect Fit & Elegance These gloves are hand cut and the sewn together by expert glove artisans. Unlike our handsewn gloves, which are a little bit bulkier because of the nature of hand-stitching, these ones are sewn by an artisan using a machine for the best fit and most clean and elegant look. As such these gloves are perfect for any business man or better yet any man who values elegance.
3. Buttons. Traditionally, gloves were closed with a button at the wrist, whereas today this feature has all but disappeared. Fort Belvedere reintroduces this classic feature, as a leather covered button glove will hug the wrist and sit neatly under a coat sleeve. You can wear them in a classic manner or nonchalantly unbuttoned, with a touch of sprezzatura.
4. Quirks - To increase the range of finger movement, only the very best glovemakers add quirks to gloves, which are little triangles of leather between the fingers that allow free movement of fingers. To add a modern twist, Fort Belvedere had these quirks made in signature green leather. You will only ever glimpse it when you spread your fingers but it is a rare detail of superior craftsmanship and a perfect example for exceptional product design.
5. Cashmere is the softest of all glove linings and since we already offer Alpaca in our handsewn peccary gloves, we decided to use cashmere for these gloves
6. Considering that it is made from a nice deep bottle green leather, which is also known as British Racing Green, we consider this color to be our signature Fort Belvedere green. Nobody else will have gloves as soft and unique as those.
Dark Green gloves are very unusual yet they are quite versatile! A bottle green pairs we browns, beiges, burgundies and other fall winter colors such as orange. It's not something you would pair with a formal morning coat or stroller suit but it works well with topcoats such as a trench coat or overcoats in grey, navy, blue, brown or green.
Green is a very masculine color, and hence it pairs well with business suits and casual tweed jackets or suits alike.
If you want to stand out from the crowd in a subtle yet sophisticated way, a pair of dark bottle green Fort Belvedere gloves will be your best bet.
Please watch the video on this page that shows exactly how you determine your glove size.
While Peccary leather is the best glove leather available, this Italian lamb nappa is a close second. Once you wear the gloves make sure to stretch out the fingers and store them flat. Once a year, you can even iron them on low heat with a piece of cloth and they will look like new again. Leather naturally develops water stains if you get certain parts very wet for extended periods of time, while other parts remain dry. If you encounter water stains, make the entire glove wet and let it air dry and the stains will be gone. Always be gentle and don't use artificial cleansers. Just water and if at all, a mild baby shampoo although water should work just fine.
Should you have any questions about sizing, leather or styles, please contact us and we'll do our best to help.
SKUs: 4054956017014 , 4054956017021 , 4054956017038 , 4054956017045 , 4054956017052 , 4054956017069 , 4054956017076