The black bow tie is not just the namesake of the Black Tie Dress Code but also the most important piece of the tuxedo or dinner jacket ensemble.
Normally, most bow ties have two identical ends, but during the heyday of men's elegance, some particularly dapper English Gentlemen, invented the single end bow tie, which creates a superbly neat and elegant look. When you look at photographs of 1920's and 1930's dinner parties you will notice that many men preferred a small bow tie rather than a big one, and for that very reason we decided to offer a small Single End Bow Tie In Satin as well.
With this bow tie, you look the part on every ball, gala, wedding or evening event for a number of reasons. It is particularly well suited to shorter or smaller men who want a more proportional look, or for people who simply prefer a smaller bow tie.
The silk used is the same luxurious Warp Satin used for our other bow ties.
Of course it is a self-tie bow tie but on top of that it has an unbroken, continuous neck and can be worn with any neck size so you can't see or feel any metal clasps on your collar, and that is both rare and the choice of true gentlemen. Especially, when you wear a wing collar, this is essential.
You will not find a better single end bow tie in silk satin anywhere else!
1. Top Notch Silk - Fort Belvedere sources the luxurious silk Moiré from a renowned Italian silk mill. Basically, it is a woven silk Faille, Grosgrain or Repp fabric, which is then pushed through a press, giving it this very renowned watered silk effect, which is appreciated by menswear connoisseurs. Today, it is very rare to find quality Moiré fabrics anymore, and even rarer to actually find a matching cummerbund and bow tie made of the same material. Moiré is perfect for the person who has already mastered basic black tie accessories and who now wants to take the next step
2. Handmade - This bow tie is entirely made by hand with a special cotton interlining that enhances the softness of the material as well as the shape.
3. Small Single End Self-Tie Bow tie - Self tie bow ties separate the gentlemen from the boys, and single end bow ties are even one step up. The smalle size of this bow tie makes it the perfect piece of neckwear for short or slim men as well as people who like smaller bow ties.
4. Fixed Size - it is very rare to find single end bow ties today, and Fort Belvedere offers the largest selection of them worldwide. 3.65" by 1.75" or 9.25 cm by 4.5 cm.
5. Made for Men of Modest Height or Size - if you have a smaller head, face or frame, this bow tie is for you. Also, if you like to wear smaller bow ties just like elegant getns did in the 20s, this bow tie is for you.
A bow tie should never be tied to look perfectly symmetrical because it would look too much like a pre-tied cheap version, and who wants to look cheap? Instead, you should tie your black bow tie with a bit of wit, nonchalance or sprezzatura, meaning intentionally off-kilter with one end a little longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a tight or a loose knot to achieve bow tie perfection.
Most bow ties suffer from poor interlining and the same boring two shapes - not so Fort Belvedere bow ties. This single end bow tie will stand on its own, and looks particularly dapper with a wing collar but a soft turndown collar works just as fine. It is slightly smaller than our sized bow tie but still large enough to work with any face. This small black silk moire single ended bow tie works well with all kinds of tuxedos with a satin, moire or grosgrain lapel, midnight blue or black tuxedo, white of off-white shirt, studs or no studs, vest or cummerbund.
Make sure to wear a boutonniere with your lack bow tie and tuxedo. Traditionally men wear roses and carnations with evening ensembles.
Simply untie your bow tie just like you would untie your shoes. Store it hanging or laying flat, it is up to you.
This bow tie comes in heavy Fort Belvedere box, perfect unadorned for a gift box, storage or travel.
If you have questions or need style advice in choosing a bow tie for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.