what shoe brands are worth their money

What Shoe Brands Are Worth Their Money

Join us live for a discussion about shoe brands. You can ask Sven Raphael Schneider anything about men’s shoes.

Here is what we discussed:

00:41 Stacy Adams, several comments about a great value for the money (sub $100). Thoughts?
01:02 What do you think of Lottusse?
01:40 Fratelli Rosetti?
03:18 Prime Shoes?
03:22 Baldinini?
03:28 Acemarks?
04:18 Expensive heritage brands like Gucci, Ferragamo? Santoni?
05:45 JM Westons?
06:25 Best brands for loafers?
07:00 Any good brands for widths – wider or narrower feet?
07:38 Corthay?
08:44 Are Paul Evans shoes worth it?
10:03 Crockett and Jones? Bench grade?
10:51 Best brand for oxfords?
11:20 Allen Edmonds?
13:25 Shoepassion?
14:34 Loake L1 range?
15:07 Best brands under 200 Euro?
15:39 Meermin?
17:31 J Fitzpatrick?
18:14 Church’s? Are Church’s shoes worth the money? As good as crockett & jones?
19:24 Magnanni?
19:41 Cole Haan?
20:04 Tod’s?
20:34 Cheaney london shoes are they worth 500 pounds
21:04 John Lobb?
21:56 Borgioli?
22:04 Carlos Santos?
22:18 Herring?
23:12 How to buy quality shoes if you’re broke?
24:19 What are the most high end shoes you own? Were they worth the price?
25:19 El Corte Ingles?
25:38 Are Berluti overpriced?
26:28 What are your thoughts on Russel & Bromley? I found them to be great cheaper alternative to Church’s or Crockett & Jo.
26:43 Please How can we identify a good leather in a shoe?
27:58 Can you tell me what you think about R. M. Williams? I just bought my first 500€ Chelsea Boots from them.
28:45 How do you rate Johnston Murphy…..
29:03 How long do you suspect a shoe for $400 would last without shoe care?
29:50 Edward Green?
30:38 What can you tell me about R. M. Williams? Liebe Grüße aus Düsseldorf
30:44 Raphael what is your favorite shoe brand?I’m really curious!
31:33 CArly shoes?
31:35 Who do you get to resole your shoes? Do you always send back to the manufacturer or use a local cobbler?
33:30 St Crispin?
34:23 Thursday Boot Company? Are they really goodyear?
34:47 Peter Huber shoes?
34:52 Sperry boat shoes?
35:14 Alden?
35:56 OCHNIK leather shoes. They are from Poland and you can get them for a very good price and get top quality.
36:01 Are there any good Bespoke shoe companies in the US…What are they??
36:42 Describe your outfit today

Summary
What Shoe Brands Are Worth Their Money #ASKGG
Article Name
What Shoe Brands Are Worth Their Money #ASKGG
Description
Live Q&A with Sven Raphael Schneider of the Gentleman's Gazette about luxury shoe brands you should invest in.
Author
Publisher
Gentleman's Gazette LLC
Publisher Logo
  1. Tim Dunne says:

ALDEN’S of New England… I’ve been buying them for 30 years…I still have the first pair…
    They are worth every penny…

2. Alistair Scott says:

I love my Cheaneys, Crockett and Jones, Church’s and Loakes. Traditional British shoes. Built for comfort and made to last. They get better with age.

3. Mark in OZ says:

Dear Raphael,
    Shoes are almost as subjective as watches ; having that to say it is always about construction and the fit on your foot . Be prepared to spend a few bucks .
    A relaxed foot is a relaxed demeanour .
    A tutorial on shoe care would be a good ticket .

• Duncan says:

How true!

So often guys forget about their feet but an outfit is built from the bottom up. Poor quality shoes can kill a look.

4. Vaclav Kotyk says:

Oh, pity I did not know. What about Berwick 1707 from Spain / John Crockett (basically Berwick manufactured shoe line for John Crockett store in Köln)?

5. Marcus says:

I’m a shoe fanatic. Well over 100 pairs. Boxed shoe bags and trees.
    Joseph Cheaney to me are the best shoes. The imperial range are superb.
    They fit lovely and their refurbished service is fantastic.

6. Martie says:

Had neither time nor patience to spend 40 minutes on this. Sorry. If you really want to share info in 21st century, make it quick and efficient. A slide show would do, for one…

• Sven Raphael Schneider says:

It was a Q & A live session with our readers. To make it easier to find what is going on, we added timestamp links on youtube, and we shall add them here too. That being said, I sense some entitlement issues based on your comment 😉

7. Duncan says:

If they are made in or around Northampton in England you will not be disappointed.Northampton is the home of the Boot & Shoe industry. I have shoes from Church’s, Trickers, Cheaney, Loake, Foster & Sons ( a maker and retailer in Jermyn St) and Crockett & Jones.They are not cheap but they are worth the money.

I have Bass Weejuns but they are not in the same class as my English shoes.

I just recently bought a pair of Redwing 1907 Mocs: a great American brand of footwear.And I think they will see me out.

8. Emmanuel d toussaint says:

Hi mr Raphael Schneider, I watched several of your videos, and I just purchased my Gentleman Look Book. My question is what do you think of to boot New York brand shoes for men? Have a great day, and pls reply. Thank you.

9. Richard M G says:

Vincent and Edgar, Lexington Ave. Manhattan. I was last there about 15 years ago so maybe no longer in existence but it was THE BEST.

10. Elie says:

I have a bunch of pairs of AE’s and have been happy with them, but not ecstatic.
    Unfortunately, I can see the decline in quality in the past few years and think I can get better structure in the shoes from Alden, so if I decide to put a few more shekels in my next purchase, it will be to the folks in New England.

11. Mark says:

I have 3 pair of Mezlan. I think they are a great shoe for the money. They are also styled very well. Not conservative like most brands, but a little more stylish with a classy flair.

12. Marcus says:

Marcus
    Re Cheaneys shoes.
    They also have a Factory Shop in Desborough in Northamptonshire about 12 miles north of Northampton.
    The shoes are from £125 for seconds or end of lines. Always have a good collection. Barry the Manager has amazing knowledge and is a true industry legend.
    Well worth a visit. There open every day except Sunday

13. Tom Mann says:

What are your thoughts on Jackson Payne Shoes, men’s dress out of Dallas, TX? I own about 6 pair and really like the feel and durability. The alligator cap toes are fantastic.

14. Larry P Burton II says:

I agree with Tim Dunne. I think Alden’s, are the finest American made shoes. I am at 30 plus years with them.

15. Ron says:

I say the best shoes I bought so far are Red Wings. They are a little pricey and a little difficult to break-in, but worth every penny due to their longevity and their style will never go out of style.

16. Al says:

First of all, thank you for the video, Raphael. No matter, if one’s favorite brand was mentioned or not, it was still very interesting to hear about some other brands with a well-earned reputation. It will be also interesting to hear the opinion about Barker shoes.

Thank you.

17. Thomas says:

Alden is the best made shoe in North America and I easily put their quality up against any English maker. What I really enjoy from them is that they are the best source for shell cordovan period. The problem is that you’ll get tired of them before they will ever wear out, and if they ever do Alden offers a refurbishing program for a little over $100 they rebuild the shoes for you and the process is very easy.
    I have also bought for some more fashion forward looks from Paul Stuart, their English line, by Grayson are also wonderful shoes. Remember as in most things in life you get what you pay for so the cheaper shoes at Paul Stuart are exactly that.

18. Andrés says:

Dear, Ralph. Despite its name, Magnnani is a Spanish brand. Taking advantage of this opportunity, I would like to recommend another one from my country: Berwick. Quality and price match perfectly: real value for money.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!